Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
1. thank you soooooo much for giving me a reality check. u have no idea how much youve helped me out with ur tough love talks. and im actually glad that we got into a fight freshman year because it helped me moved forward.
2. damn boy, you so fine. you make physics class worth my time.
3. i dont care if u take my phone away and make me stay home, but if you’re going to be mad at me and punish me please give me a reason
4. it was weird to just hang out with you so naturally after all the times youve been a bitch to me and i know we wont ever be good friends because i dont like fake people like you, but at least we can have a civilized conversation now
5. i dont want to fight with you ever. but we end up fighting anyways. over ribs. i promise that i wont curse in front of you ever again. im sorry. just please be happy and stay happy. dont let their emotional baggage mess you up too
6. i cant tell if ur flirting with me or not. you always use “we” with us and so do i. i just like talking to you. and if u didnt we wouldnt have 3 hr convos till 1:30 am. but we’re completely opposite people
7. you may not have problems with ur family. thats fine. but dont act like real shit doesnt happen in the world. i love you, but u need a taste of reality. come into my world for once where ur mom doesnt give u rides anywhere and refuse to give u things u need when theyre mad at you
8. you left after all of that. then when you came u culdnt even answer your fucking phone
9. wow ur a pussy. that was honestly no big deal. people are still talking about it and i know you are. itd be fine if u just never saw me around, but to avoid me is just childish.
10. im soooooooo glad that we never talk anymore. i cannot even believe you would ask me that question. what do u think i am? and for a whole freaking school year, you wouldnt stop. you win the award for not being able to get a fucking hint. you’re gross.
I am an African American student at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, and I am the president of the Black Student Association mentioned in the Oct. 31 front-page article “One thing elite N.Va. school doesn’t do well: Diversity.” This article did not reflect the feelings of the TJ student body.
While diversity is a good thing, it should not be attained at the expense of excellence. The TJ community is very accepting, and I have never once felt a racial separation.
If people were let into TJ based solely on the basis of their race, it could hurt them in the long run. Underneath all of TJ’s hype, it’s purely a challenging school for those who want to work hard.
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now. Day Two: Nine things about yourself. Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart. Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot. Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done. Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever) Day Seven: Four turn offs. Day Eight: Three turn ons. Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now. Day Ten: One confession
this article is fucking trash. and what cant believe the most is that two of my fucking BSU officers would go behind my back and whine to the reporter about being lonely black kids at tj. if you’re so lonely, get the fuck out of tj. you have a choice. now the whole country sees tj in the light that the article chose. you should only go to tj if you deserve it. who gives a shit who you are. and it looks like they forgot about white people, because guess what, @ tj theyre a minority too.
i dont know what, but i have the urge to say something. i just have to figure out what that is. well i guess ill start with something i was thinking about. like gmail, i wish that facebook saved chats because going back to chats from a year ago would be trippy. it gives you a chance to see how much uve really changed. for me, even though i only notice it briefly sometimes, i feel different. i feel so much more comfortable. or maybe i just care less, but thats probs not it. either way, its different. the other day i was bored so i went back and through old photo comments and wall posts and i couldnt even recognize myself. its scary, you should try it.
anyways, i still cant remember what i wanted to say. maybe thats cus i wanted to write just for the heck of it. anywhoo, i just watched a movie called “The Squid and the Whale”. imdb it. im conflicted because at first i was bored out of my mind, but something about the film made me want to watch. it was about two boys going through their parents divorce. good stuff. i wonder how i would feel about it if my parents were still together and were happy. that would be so strange. thats another thing. my parents. in comparison to the parents in the film, they similarly fought over the dumbest things. but unlike in movie and shows, they never once said “its not you fault” or anything along those lines. and i never asked why. i just knew that they fought all the time and i guess i didnt really care. but it messed me up so hard. and i didnt realize that it did till recently, well the past 2 years, now that things are slightly stable. i hate that word. stable. cus its never applied here.ever. well actually no, the only place where that word has applied is in school. cus however much my parents messed me up emotionally, i still had good grades in school, but i have no idea why. i wonder alot of things. like when people are like “your weird” in a good way, i always say “i know” because i do feel that way. but now unlike back then, im ok with that. its too hard and annoying and mind-numbing to act normal around normal people so fuck it.
wow ok so still have no idea what i came here to say, but i hope this made you think about something.
oh and also, idk if you’ll read this, but this is to you. you seem way too hard on yourself. you live up to expectations way better than you think. its good to be modest, but dont look down on yourself. you’re better than that even if you dont think so. keep your head up all the time, not just when other people are watching.